Thursday, February 21, 2013

Timmy's Stick

I finally was able to put a roll of film through my Nikonos with the 20mm lens I was given for Christmas, and had quite the surprise when I picked up the roll from the photo store. Apparently, the 20mm 2.8 lens for the Nikonos, is meant for underwater photography only. It has a crazy a-spherical lens of sorts, which creates a completely undistorted view whilst submerged, but in open air, it doesn't work at all. Only the 35 and 80 mm lenses work as regular lenses. Needless to say, I was a bit bummed to learn that the hard way! I would have had such great photos otherwise!

Heres a few of the eff ups:

They all look cooler when they are tiny...
 




On the bright side, Scallywags no. 3 was shaped for my good buddy Timmy.  Now all thats left is to glass!
 
A mini simmons inspired 5"4' x 21.25 x 2.5. It has a hull entry with a slight concave exit, with very little belly or rocker. Gonna be set up as a quad with futures. Should be good for gutless days at the point.

No comments:

Post a Comment